“Douse Associates”, “we’ or “us” means Douse Associates Ltd with its registered office at Dorking, Surrey, UK.
Personal Data That We Collect and Process About You
The personal information you provide to us is collected for legitimate business purposes, which include improving our services, keeping you informed about our managers, and providing you with targeted information which we believe is in your interests. We will only collect the personal information that is necessary for these purposes. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Interest areas & Preferences
We may also obtain information from publicly available sources (including social networking sites, public databases, registers and records such as Companies House and the FCA Register; and other publicly accessible sources such as MandateWire and Preqin.)
Use of Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- To manage your relationship and/or account with one of our managers;
- To keep our records up to date;
- To communicate with institutional investors and prospective institutional investors in order to provide services or information about our clients
- To effectively manage and strengthen investor and prospective investor relationships, understand investor and prospective investor needs and interests and learn more about our investors and prospective investors in order to develop, improve and manage the products and services our managers can offer;
- For the management and administration of Douse Associates’ business.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal data as described below:
- With our managers who will be subject to appropriate data protection obligations;
- To the extent required by law or regulation, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators, auditors or public authorities), or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Security of Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store all the personal information you provide, on our secure password and firewall protected servers. We retain personal information for legitimate purposes and as long as necessary or required by law.
Retention of Personal Data
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by the following:
- The purpose for which we are using your personal data – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- Legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- Where you have actively provided your consent for us to process your personal data, the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- The right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- The right to object to and the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to continue processing your personal data and / or to refuse that request; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below.
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal data or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We will endeavour to resolve your concerns promptly and effectively. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Douse Associates, you may escalate concerns to the applicable privacy regulator in your jurisdiction. Upon request, we will provide you with the contact information for that regulator.